Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Discovery Gardens


After spending an hour at the DMV for Cathy to re-new her driver license we headed over to Tavares to walk around the Discovery Gardens.  This is a small garden but has always been one of our favorites.

We always find something new there.

Remember the Movie Little Shop of Horrors, this could be the plant that kept saying "FEED ME"
The leafs bloom red and then slowly turn green.

This is called the Yesterday-Today & Tomorrow plant, that's because it blooms purple, the next day it's violet and the third day it's white.
Just a neet looking flower






One of the volunteers makes these from things she picks up at garage sales and has them placed around the gardens.




2 comments:

RV-Adventure said...

That is a beautiful garden. I like the Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow flowers - never heard of that before.

Margie and Roger said...

Wow, I thought I was behind with my blog until I checked your last post. Hope all is well.