Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who would have thought

Yesterday (the 6th) was our anniversary, I say that it's been 21 years and Cathy swears that it's our 75th, we decided to celebrate by staying in camp and watching all the opening day baseball games and finish the day off with a MSU victory at the March Madness. My Braves won, our Tigers lost and the MSU Spartans were flushed down the toilet. Well at least we still have each other (I get goody points for saying stuff like that).

Woke up this morning and flipped on the TV to catch Imus and the news for a ½ hour before getting out of bed, but wait all I see on the screen is NO SIGNAL, what could possibly be wrong, it was working great when we went to bed last night. Did the satellite fall out of orbit and crash, did a wild bear knock the dish over or even worse did someone steal the dish.

Well being as I AM the worlds greatest retired cop, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter. / Away to the window I flew like a flash, / Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. / When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, / But three inches of snow covering my dish and blocking the damn signal.


I made sure that Cathy put on a sweatshirt before she went out to brush the snow away, (this cost me most of my goody points).






So here we are snowed in, hopefully this will all thaw and we will be able to escape the Tennessee mountains before we run out of food and this turns into a Donner situation.





As a side note, we bought a TomTom gps the other day and I've been playing with it, but no matter what I do the only route it will show me is to CAPE CORAL, FLORIDA. Don't you just hate it when a machine is smarter then you.

No comments: